Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Lifting Day

Another reminder of how far I have to go on my upper body!!

HexBar DLs

15 x 120
8 x 140
5 x 160
5 x 180

Overhead Press
15 x 50
50 x 5
60 x 3

Reverse Grip Pullups (Gravitron at 80)
2 x 10
Repeat

Hammer Strength Crunches
15 x 30
8 x 50
5 x 60

Notes: I had to search on the 'net to even identify the hex bar. The last time I used a straight bar I felt I was losing form and putting my back in jeopardy (besides tearing up my shins). I've noticed this strange looking device and decided to give it a try. As you may be able to figure out from the numbers, I was trying to do a Devany-style hierarchal set, but I started too light and didn't add enough weight as I moved on. I'll have this one dialed in better next time. I still would like to learn how to deadlift properly with a straight bar, but that will have to wait until I can get in the gym with an instructor. This is more like a squat than a deadlift, but it meets my needs for now.

The presses were disappointing. I started five pound heavier than last time but I couldn't come close to hitting 8 reps on the second leg. I need a lot of work in this area.

I need to incorporate some more ab work. Eventually the layer of fat covering those muscles will be gone and they need to be ready for their coming out party!!

No comments: