Thursday, March 27, 2008

Hex & Press

It turns out I won't be headed to meet up with my brothers and sister until Monday so life goes on. Sitting around the house wasn't cutting it so I headed to the gym for a workout.

Hex & Press

Overhead Press
3 sets of 5 at 70lbs

Hex-bar Deadlifts
3 sets of 5 at 190lbs

Notes: I decided to go with the same protocol for both lifts rather than do the hierarchal sets in one case and not the other. I was surprised to handle both these weights without much problem. I will definitely bump them up next time even though it may be more than a week before I get a chance to do so. I'll be on the road next week so I'll be relying on push ups and other body weight exercises to keep the work level up. Maybe I'll throw the kettlebell in the trunk as well.

No comments: