Friday, March 14, 2008

Compromise

I may be in line for a commercial endorsement. That Jared guy has made a career out of losing weight supposedly from eating Subway sandwiches. Well I've been on the Blue Bell Sugar Free Bullet diet since August of '07 and have lost 36 pounds. For those of you not in the Bluebell market area, Bullets are their version of a popsicle, and I use them to satisfy my sweet tooth. I tried to go without them for a couple months for a couple of reasons:

1. The are a frozen chemical cocktail on a stick that Grok (our Paleo ancestor) wouldn't recognize. Nothing like a dose of Aspartame and red dye #5 to get you through the day.

2. The rash of blog posts that suggested that even fake sugar might stimulate an insulin response.

But I dropped 30 pounds in three months while eating anywhere from 2 to 5 of the things a day, so I'm not too worried about #2. I'm sure I'd be better off without the chemicals, and maybe at some point I'll get off the things. But for now, I'm not going to worry about it. Plus I consider it the lesser of two evils. I used to consume mass quantities of the item pictured below!!!

No comments: