Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Hex & Press

This is my mainstay as far as a strength workout goes for now.

Hex Bar DLs

15 x 140lbs
8 x 180lbs
4 x 220lbs

Overhead Press
(from chest rack)

15 x 55lbs
5 x 65lbs
2 x 70lbs

Notes: My weight selection on the DLs was much more on target this time. One thing that concerns me is the limitation I may face due to grip strength. Just holding on the the bar was damn hard for that last set. I may have to go to wrist straps or something as I progress. Meanwhile, I'm not sure what to do about my press. The way these hierarchal sets are supposed to go is roughly reps of 15, then 8, then 4 WITHOUT going to failure. If I'm going to do that, I may have to give up on the olympic bar for now and use the smaller barbells. Dunno. Maybe I'll start at just the bar next time and do five pound increments from there.

No comments: