Monday, April 21, 2008

Racquetball

As I walked from the locker room to the court for my match today, I reminded myself of my two goals when playing Ron:

1. Make sure you get at least one point--don't let him hang a donut on ya!
2. WORK HARD FOR EVERY POINT!

I lost all three games as expected but I was certainly pleased with my effort. The scores were 15-12, 15-3, and 15-5. I was particularly happy with the first game. Normally in an effort to keep things competitive, Ron will use lob serves rather than trying to go for an ace--it's his way of handicapping the game. But I had him at 10-7 when he switched course and went to the drive serve. I was happy to get a couple more points out of it from that point. I got a little sloppy after that--it's something that fatigue will do to you. But all in all, a good day and a great workout!!

No comments: