Sunday, April 6, 2008

Press, Squat, and Suitcase DL

I worked out yesterday (Saturday) morning around 10 a.m. but didn't get a chance to write it up. I've decided to dump the hex bar deadlift and replace it with squats and suitcase deadlifts done with dumbbells.

Press, Squat, and Suitcase DL

Press
5 reps x 3 sets @ 80lbs.

Squat
5 reps x 3 sets @ 185lbs.

Suitcase DLs
5 reps x 3 sets @ 80lbs. (one side at a time)

Notes: I tried starting the squat at 205 and immediately knew I had bitten off more than I could chew. 185 was taxing enough--my quads are a little sore today. I'm going to bump the press five more pounds but that may put me at a point where I will really struggle with the last set. I'll see. I'm going to bump the suitcase dl's 10 pounds--I may have to go to straps pretty soon.

Good workout!!

No comments: