Friday, May 30, 2008

The Tale of the Scale

Today's digital downer:

221.2


Last week I was sure that this was going to be the day when I would be typing 199.X for my Friday weigh-in. I guess that big meal yesterday did me in. I had stepped on the scale Thursday morning and I was at 200.2. I'm starting to think that this scale watching is counter productive at this point. I'm admittedly in a slow loss mode which I believe is good for sustainable loss even if it isn't as satisfying as watching the pounds drop in big chunks like it did in the first 3-4 months. So I think my plan at this point will be to shove the scale under the bed and leave it there for at least a couple of weeks--maybe more. I know I'm eating and exercising according to plan, and I don't need to be demotivated by the variances of the scale.

No comments: