Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Catch Up Time Again

Neglecting the blog again...tsk, tsk.

Sunday I got in a round of Boogie Golf. It wasn't steamy like last weekend; in fact, it was quite pleasant. I teed off a little before 6:30am and finished up around 8:45. It could have been quicker but I practiced a couple extra chip shots on some holes. That's not in the design of Boogie Golf but I would like to see my short game return to where it was a couple years ago when I was playing pretty well. Maybe what I need to do is finish on 18 and then zip over to 15 and play the last four over again and use those holes for practice. I might try that.

A couple golf notes unrelated to my quest to get fit. There was an article in the paper today about how the Navy base has a provision in their 20 year plan to move the golf course. Interesting but I won't be around to see it happen. I'll be retired and playing golf in Thailand. The other thing is that for almost as long as I've been living in Corpus Christi, there's been talk of building a resort course out on Padre Island. Well it finally happened and we're getting close to being able to play. It's an Arnold Palmer design and I'm told it's beautiful by those who have made the drive to check it out. It's supposed to open in the end of July. I probably can't afford to play it often but maybe I can get some twilight in.

Monday my scheduled was sabotaged. I couldn't play racquetball at lunch because I had to be home for some workmen doing some repairs at my home. I figured I'd go for a vigorous walk in the evening but that plan ended when my wife called me out to the front porch where she had poured a couple glasses white zinfandel. So much for that plan!

Today I played racquetball with Ron again. I played well in the first game and actually held a 13-10 lead before eventually losing. We played three more games and I scored a total of four points. Ooooops. I 'm ready to play the other guy!! :-)

I went for a two-mile walk with my grandson today and followed the pace set by Elvis Costello and the Attractions. Did some push ups and sit ups afterwards.

Squatting and pressing tomorrow - a glass of wine now!

No comments: