Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Exhausted !!

If I had to pick one word to associate with yesterday's racquetball, this would be it. I felt totally spent after the third game and the feeling remained with me for awhile at my desk afterwards. Whew!! I fell behind early in the first game, fought very hard to make it up, but still lost. I won the second game 15-7 but I worked much harder than the score would indicate. There were lots of points that featured extended rallies. By the end of the second game, I was ready to call it a day; however; I decided to continue the match. Again I fell behind early as I was basically going through the motions. But with the score 11-3 I tried to make a charge. I managed to get it to 12-9 but that's as close as I got. It was a terrific workout.

If I get two matches in a week of this caliber, I don't feel there is any need to go doing some bike or rowing based intervals. I would love to see a print out of my heart rate during that 70-75 minutes on the racquetball court!!

No comments: