Thursday, May 8, 2008

J. Geils Fartlek

There were no racquetball partners available today, and I was stuck with a fairly short time window for getting in a workout at lunch. So I decided to jump on an old standby--the Lemond Revmaster. This is a good stationary bike that can be fully adjusted to match the setup on your own bike. Although I don't ride seriously anymore, there was a time when I measured my saddle height to the centimeter so I appreciate the adjustability of the Lemond. So what I did today was climb on, cranked up the J. Geils "Full House" album, and rode to the music. There are parts that just cry out for a 135 rpm sprint, and other parts where I would just sit and spin at 90 rpm. It was a great way to get in a workout without following some formal interval pattern.

Good work!!

No comments: