Thursday, June 5, 2008

Thursday Racquetball -- I Take a Whuppin'

Played Ron today. I played fairly well in the first game and we were tied at 11 before he closed it out. Then he cranked up his serve a bit, and I played poorly and ended up getting a goose egg. Getting shut out is not fun. I got things going a little bit in the last game and managed to score six points. A lot more unforced errors -- very frustrating. But I just have to focus on my main reason for being out there. This is my "interval" training and I had a great one!!

Yesterday was an easy day. I went to the gym at lunch with the intention of walking on the treadmill for 30-40 minutes but I ended up watching one of the new instructors giving some of the other staff members and introduction to using hard foam rollers. This new guy seems pretty sharp and worked previously at the Cooper clinic. I did manage to do some plank work before going back to work. I did sets of 30 seconds with 10 second rest periods--three each per side/front. Gonna get me some abs!! :-)

I don't think I mentioned earlier that I did a 20 hours Intermittant Fast on Tuesday. I finished my last meal around 7pm Monday and didn't eat again until 3:30 Tuesday. I plan on hitting the weights tomorrow on an empty stomach around 11am but I'll probably eat around 1:30.

No comments: