Sunday, June 15, 2008

Bloggin Live from the Swimmin' Hole

It feels like I've moved into the Corpus Christi Natatorium for the weekend. I'm working a large swim meet which kept me here from 7am to 8pm yesterday. Today won't be quite as bad--we should be out of here by 6:30pm. So for these two days I have been dependent on the offerings in the official's hospitality for my meals. Well, it's been a case of good news and bad news. They had a lot of choices for the meals which allowed me to pick some stuff that fell inline with my "primal blueprint" form of eating. I had quiche with sausage and cheese for breakfast, beef brisket for lunch, salads and fruits for snacks. The bad news is that this meet is put on by the group that brings my favorite dessert item in the whole world. It has appeared in the this blog before--like the last time I worked a meet for BEAT (Bay's Edge Aquatic Team). It's called Chess cake and consist of yellow cake mix, a stick of butter, a bunch of cream cheese and a bunch of sugar. It's rich as hell and delicious. Well, I've eaten a bunch (and there are two more pieces sitting on the table next to me as I type). The woman who makes them makes sure to save me some on the side. So it would just be downright rude not to eat them! :-) Thank goodness I only work two or three meets a year for these people.

I'm afraid to get on the scale at this point. I'm just going to keep it hidden for at least a week while I recover. I'm also headed on the road this week for a trip to Arkansas. So it's going to be a challenge to stick to the plan. It's not the way I want to be spending time six weeks away from my one-year anniversary of the start of my fitness quest. I want to be solidly under 200 pounds by then. I need to get back on the program hard core when I return.

One more session to go and then I get to go home and enjoy my father's day gift: no Sunday "honey-do's!" I'm gonna get in the recliner and watch golf in HD!

No comments: