Sunday, June 8, 2008

Boogie Golf Times Two

The base course ran a special this weekend - half price for retired military. So I kept my punch card in my wallet, and paid for rounds on both Saturday and Sunday. Saturday I played two different games. On the front side, I looked like I knew what I was doing. I had four pars and one double, and that included two putts that did a 90 degree lip out. I was pushing my full swing a little right, but I did very well using my 8-iron around the greens. But once I crossed the four lane street that separates the front from the back, it was another story. I think I had one, maybe two bogeys-everything else was a double or worse. Most of the problem was with my full swing. I don't know what I was doing different but I topped a couple, swung right under the ball in some deep grass, and hit a couple duck hooks. Puzzling!

Today was much more balanced. I had three pars on each side, putted well, and even sunk a chip shot from ten yards off the green. I still hit some stinkers but they were spread out.

The best thing, of course, is that I walked 36 holes and got a lot of great exercise! The bad news is that it might be my last round for a couple weeks. Next weekend I have a very large swim meet to officiate, and the following weekend I'll be traveling.

No comments: