Sunday, June 15, 2008

Moving Mountains

I got home from another long day on deck, and sat down with the Sunday paper. I eventually got to the copy of Parade magazine and read a little blurb on developing abdominal muscles. It was written my Michael O'Shea and included the oft repeated advice to eat a diet of "low fat protein and good carbs." I'm convinced that the low-fat approach is wrong or at least unnecessary, and I developed that belief from reading several bloggers who espouse a lower carb life style. But in the greater scheme of things, the number of people who read those blogs are a drop in the bucket compared to the probable millions that read Parade magazine. Changing public opinion on this subject is like moving mountains. Or to use an another analogy, we are swimming against the mainstream, my friends, and the current is strong.

No comments: