Thursday, June 26, 2008

My Fit Day Day

I've been playing around with Fitday.com ever since Mark Sisson told me about the site a while back. Today I made the effort to put everything I ate or drank into the program. Here's the results:

Calories Eaten Today

grams cals %total
Total: 1464
Fat: 87 780 54%
Sat: 20 179 12%
Poly: 10 93 6%
Mono: 23 204 14%
Carbs: 70 245 17%
Fiber: 9 0 0%
Protein: 79 317 22%
Alcohol: 14 97 7%


Today was a good representative day of what I eat on a day-to-day basis when I don't fall off the wagon. There have been a number of blog posts lately that point out the importance of making sure the calories aren't too high if you are trying to lose weight. One thing that I did not eat today was a handful (or more) of nuts. I know that has been once source of calories that has been slowing down my fat loss. They will definitely be part of my diet once I get to my target wait, but I'm going to go without for now. I did, however, have one tablespoon of sunflower seed butter with my Fuji today. I measured it, put it on the plate, and put the jar in the frig. I had been eating the stuff by the spoonful!

I'm going to keep posting my eating in Fitday so I can correlate my calorie intake with my fat loss, and see how my macronutrient composition goes. It's a good way to be honest about what I'm eating.

Now I have to decide if 1464 kcal is good for the day, or can I have one more glass of wine! :-)

No comments: