Sunday, August 31, 2008

Boogie Golf - Fuhgeddaboudit!

I headed out Saturday morning with the intention of playing 18 holes, but it didn't work out that way. I lost two balls on the first hole. The grass was high and wet--and that was on the fairway! I lost two more balls over the next three holes, and also battled hordes of mosquitoes trying to enter my ears, nose, and eyes. I decided that enough was enough and I headed to the clubhouse.

Since my real reason for playing these days is to get the exercise, I decided to just go for a walk around the base. I ended up out by the sea wall along the bay, and trekked out to the end of the long fishing pier. I stopped at the end for awhile and just enjoyed the view, including a formation of five pelicans flying by. Much more enjoyable that trying to whack a golf ball out of deep, wet grass and swatting mosquitoes.

Here's some pics I took with the camera phone:


No comments: