Monday, August 18, 2008

100 Pushups

I woke up Saturday morning and realized I had failed to do my pushups on Friday. No big deal--I figured I just do them Saturday. I woke up Sunday morning and realized that I failed to do the make up on Saturday! So...a new plan. I'm going to do those suckers on government time! I work in a library so a few minutes spent in the stacks knocking out some pushups will work out quite nicely. This morning I did the Week 2 Day 3 set and it went well. The reps were 10, 10, 8, 8 , 10(10). Good form all the way through except for the very last one. So my routine at work on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays will be to fire up the computer, do my pushups, and then have my last cup of coffee (I usually have a cup or two before leaving the house). This should ensure no more missed workouts.

The pushup program now calls for doing another test before picking the correct column to use for workout targets. I can just eyeball the chart and figure out where I belong next. The first column is for being able to do I set of 15-20. I might make it to 15 but there's no way I'd surpass 20. So Wednesday I'll do W3D1. It looks pretty challenging--I suspect it will take my a couple of weeks to work up to finishing the Week 3 workout.

No comments: