Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Kiana

In what seems like ages ago, I devised a couple of circuit routines similar to those found on the Crossfit site with girls names. It had been awhile since I tried one so yesterday I decided to do the one named after my granddaughter Kiana. It consist of three rounds of a 500m row for time, followed by push ups, pull ups, and dips for time. The pull ups and dips are on a Gravitron machine. So...yesterday's workout:

Kiana

Row 1:53, 1:57, 1:56
Pushups 10, 10, 6
Pull Ups 8, 5, 5
Dips 8, 6, 6

Notes: Pretty good effort on the rowing--I felt smoked after the last two. The pull ups and dips were done with 80lbs on the Gravitron. I was surprised that I did so poorly because I had worked down to a much lower assist weight on those over time; however, I really haven't been doing ANY of those for awhile so I guess I lost any gains I had made. I need to get back to regular work on that machine. As a matter of fact, I need to get going on my strength training in general. Between the time spent playing racquetball, and the aborted workouts because of dizziness, I really haven't got much strength training in lately. But I think my visit to the doctor last week will take care of the dizziness (reduced blood pressure medication), so I can go back to some hard workouts on days when I'm not playing racquetball.

No comments: