Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Long Walk, Pushups, & Cycling in the Rain

I was planning on golfing Saturday but I took the sleep-in instead. The weather has remained relatively cool so I was still able to go for a two-hour walk without burning up. I was listening to some good tunes, and maintaining a fairly quick pace for the first 1.5 hours.

Monday I attempted my next level on the 100 Pushups program. I was supposed to do 20, 15, 15, and 12. I knocked out the first 20 which is a milestone in itself. I got to 15 for the second set but it was a struggle. After waiting three to four minutes, I decided to call it a day. My shoulders were aching and I didn't want to push it and risk a strain. I'll probably wait a couple of days before trying again.

When I left the house this morning, I was surprised to see the streets were wet. The forecast was for a sunny day. I guess that's why our local weatherman is known as "Dead Wrong Dale." :-) But to be honest, this is a tough location to forecast the weather. But it wasn't raining when I pulled out so I pressed on. Sure enough it started raining shortly after the halfway point. Fortunately it never became a downpour. Still, if I'm going to keep commuting by bike, I need to invest in some fenders!

I made it to the gym today for some Tabata on the rower, and a couple sets of thrusters with a 60lb barbell. I miss racquetball--sure hope the contractors finish the floors on time.

No comments: