Friday, September 19, 2008

100 Pushups

Today I was determined to get through my sets of 16, 14, 14, and 12 reps. I was in great shape after the first three when the phone rang. That phone conversation led to another, which in turn took me right up to a meeting I had to attend. I didn't dawn on me until I was walking out the office that I hadn't done the last set. So I'm gonna give myself a mulligan of sorts and declare myself ready to move on. The next level is 20, 15, 15, & 12. That's going to be very challenging but I think I'll be able to handle the opening 20. If you would have asked me a few weeks ago to "drop and give me 20," I would have laughed! I considered doing 10 an achievement!

I haven't done anything else since Tuesday other than the bike commute. But I'll have five days and another 70 miles in the bank after the ride home today. Obviously this isn't going to get me in Crossfit/Gym Jones kind of shape, but it is definitely contributing to my stated goal--getting fit!

No comments: