Wednesday, September 17, 2008

100 Pushups, Racquetball, and Cool Weather Riding

Tuesday morning at work, I headed between the library stacks to resume my pushup program. I wasn't sure what was going to happen after having such a lousy day the last time I did them over a week ago. The goal was still to do sets of 16, 14, 14, and 12. I did the first three as RXd but after squeezing out 11 reps on the final set, I just couldn't to that last one. I was pleased with the result. I may never get to a point where I can knock out 100 pushups, but I'm definitely making progress.

I played three games with Ron Tuesday, and I felt much better than I did after playing on Monday. I halved the dose of my blood pressure medication. The numbers still look good and I didn't have any dizziness. Of course, I shouldn't be prescribing my own medication so I'm anxious to get back in the the doctor's office, which will happen when he comes back from vacation. :-(

The temperature was in the upper 60s when I left the house this morning. I was a little chilly for the first few minutes until I warmed up. We'll be back in the 90s next week--I'm enjoying this while I can.

No comments: