Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Fasting, Racquetball, Cycling, and Kettlebell

Yesterday was a rather busy day in my fitness quest!

Impromptu Intermittant Fast - I didn't eat until 2pm yesterday but I didn't plan it that way. I came in to work, turned on my computer, fired up Outlook, and was promptly reminded of a class I was supposed to be in that started 10 minutes earlier! I rushed over to the base motor pool for my annual driver's training and a three year refresher on driving a forklift. Nevermind that I sit in front of a computer for eight hours a day--my company requires me to have a forklift license for "emergencies." So I had to skip my normal breakfast, and by the time I got out of class it was time to head directly to the racquetball court...

Racquetball - Lost my second straight match to Neal--he's off to a good start for 2009. But it doesn't get any closer than today. We split the first two games and he won the final 15-14. I served for the match but lost serve on an unforced error. It's a very aggravating way to lose!! But we played some terrific games and I got a hell of a workout!

Killer Commute - The ride home was against a steady 20-25 mph wind with gusts over 30. I really enjoy riding a bicycle but that ride didn't register very high on the fun meter. Looks like more of the same today.

Kettlebell - Did some clean and press ladders - 3 x 4.

I ate a slab of dead cow cooked in a little coconut oil.

It was a good day!

No comments: