Thursday, February 28, 2008

Heavy Metal Day

Ok. You can take this title with a grain of salt. First of all, all the plates at my gym are totally encased in plastic. Secondly, the weights I lift hardly qualify as heavy, but it's as heavy as I've done...so I guess the title stays. :-)

Press (front rack position)
10 x 65
8 x 75

Squat
15 x 105
8 x 155
4 x 175

Deadlift
10 x 135
5 x 155

Those press numbers clearly show my weak area.
I felt pretty good doing the squat. I was able to maintain good form for all these lifts.
I don't know if my shins can take much more deadlifting. I ripped open a scab from the last time I did deadlift. I also think that I probably need to work with a knowledgeable teacher before going any heavier than I'm doing now. I don't want to take chances with my back!

I probably won't do much until Monday. I have a big swimming meet to officiate that starts Friday and doesn't end until Sunday evening. This means many, many hours on my feet so the odds are I won't feel like doing much when I get home.

Friday's Tale of the Scale is about 7.5 hours away!!

No comments: