Saturday, February 28, 2009

Saturday Workout

My grandson was hanging around the house today and giving off his "I'm bored" vibe so I told him to put on his shorts...and we headed to the gym. I didn't do a lot but it was better than hanging around the house. I started off with 30 minutes of "treadmill fartlek." I walked at a baseline of 3.5 mph but randomly ramped up the speed to 7 or 8. Then I headed over to the dumbbell rack:

Seated Overhead Press
18 x 15lbs
8 x 20lbs
5 x 25lbs

Bench Press
15 x 20lbs
8 x 25lb
4 x 30lbs

Have I mentioned before how weak my upper body is? :-) Hey, it's been awhile since I've done anything like this.

I went on to do a hierarchical set of leg presses on a machine. I regretted it afterward because my lower back was a little sore. I was afraid to do squats because of my hand injury. I also tried to do pushups but there was no way--my left hand immediately protested. Monday I plan on calling for a doctor's appointment. So not a great workout but it's a step back in the right direction.

Morning Weight: 209lbs

No comments: