Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Fighting the Flexeril Fog

I took my muscle relaxer last night and it didn't seem to zonk me like muscle relaxers had in the past, so I felt safe taking one this morning. Bad move. I was dying at work by 9am. Instead of going to the gym at lunch, I headed over the the Wellness Center as the base hospital, and crashed in their massage chair for a 45 minute nap. I won't make that mistake again.

Although I felt more like napping on the couch then heading to the gym this evening, I did manage to drag my butt out the house. Short workout but better than nothing:

30 Minute Walk (Treadmill)

Squats
135lbs x 15
185lbs x 8
205lbs x 4

Leg Curls (prone on machine)
70lbs x 15
80lbs x 8
85lbs x 4

Notes: I screwed up on the squat rack. When I racked the bar after the first set, I didn't realize that I didn't get the bar on the catch on the left side. I also didn't use the collars so a 45 pound plate went crashing to the floor. My grandson was on that side but not close enough to get hit thank goodness. I used the collars for the next two sets.

No comments: