Friday, December 26, 2008

C2 Tabata, Thrusters, Decline Press

I had to "work" today (basically a paid 'net surfing session)but I got off early and decided to hit the gym.

Tabata Intervals on the Concept2 Rower
10 minute warm up
8x20sec w/10 sec recovery

Thrusters
3 sets with 45lb barbell
Reps: 18, 15, 12

Decline Press Hierarchical Set
70lbs X 15
120lbs X 8
140 X 4

Notes:

The C2 is a killer for doing intervals! This was the first time I had done any Tabata in some time. My results per interval in meters covered were 93, 94, 95, 80, 87, 83, 89, 87. I started strong but faded fast! I'm going to do this one once a week and see if I can't improve on those numbers.

The thrusters are limited by my upper body strength. My legs could handle more.

The presses were done on a Hammer Smith machine where each arm moves independently. The weight represents the plates added but doesn't account for the empty weight of the machine.

So a pretty good start, plus I got a jump on the New Year's resolution crowd that will back the gym next January!

No comments: